From excess rain to a broken pipe, clogged toilet, leaking roof, flooding can wreak havoc on your home and belongings. Although it almost always happens when you’re least expecting it, reaction time is critical. To minimize the damage, water removal must happen quickly.
WHAT TO DO FIRST:
- If possible, stop the water at its source.
- Turn off the electricity and remove small electrical devices from the areas with excess water, if it is safe to do so.
- Avoid walking on wet carpet.
- Remove small furnishings from carpeted areas or place aluminum foil under furniture legs. This helps prevent permanent rust of furniture stains.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to avoid contact with wet floors.
- Remove any breakables, moisture-sensitive and high value items, as well as items that may stain floor coverings. Check under the beds and other furnishings.
- If it is possible, move furniture into dry areas.
- Wash your hands after handling damaged items.
- Avoid the possibility of electric shock. Do not use home vacuum or shop vacuum to remove the water.
- Avoid the temptation to turn on fans or heating and air conditioning units as they may spread contamination if the situation is sewage-related.
- Extraction equipment is brought into the home to physically remove any freestanding water. Water is extracted from carpet, padding and upholstery.
- If necessary, carpet and/or padding may be removed for proper drying, padding usually must be replace it.
- Professional grade drying and dehumidifying equipment is used to dry the affected areas and return the humidity levels in your home to normal.
- Proper extraction and drying techniques help minimize the possibility of secondary damage, potential microbial growth and reduces costs.
CARPET INSTALLATION SERVICE
We offer a Professional Carpet Skilled Installation service,
Always make sure to ask:
Who is going to: